Thursday, August 30, 2007

The World According to Bhansali

I am a big SLB fan. Yes, I know that he has not done an original work since Khamoshi. And Black was a frame-by-frame remake of Miracle Worker (something he refuses to acknowledge at all). That sucks, but still doesnt make me a lesser fan coz it is not his writing that I am crazy about. It is his mindless, crazy, beautiful and stunning vision. You can pause Khamoshi and Devdas in any frame and it could look like a painting. Try this trailer if you dont believe me ;)

PS: When I was in school, there was this trivia floating around (I think it was also a 'Landmark Quiz' question once) . Who directed the song 'Ek ladki ko dheka hai' from 1942 A Love Story. The correct answer was not Vidhu Vinod Chopra, but his crazy, lunatic, bearded assistant director!

1 comment:

Deepak Deans said...

Hey kats, check out this game.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/okami/index.html

It a japanese game and every frame looks like a japanese painting. it the most beautiful game i've ever seen. check out the videos on youtube.